DARK SKY 50 Trail Race
May 13, 2017
Through February 13, 2017: $85
February 14 - April 13, 2017: $105
April 14 - May 10, 2017: $125
Our Inaugural Dark Sky 50 is in the books!! HUGE thanks to all of our racers, volunteers, Pickett State Park, TN (especially their Rangers!), Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area, Charit Creek Lodge, Big South Fork Amateur Radio Club, and our sponsors, Huma, Tailwind, and Goodr! It was an incredible weekend with all of you! Check out the race results!
Come run Nashville Running Company’s inaugural Dark Sky 50 on the trails of Pickett State Park and Big South Fork National River & Recreation Area The course is mostly runnable on single/double track with a couple of jeep road miles thrown in. Expect creek crossings, rolling hills, a little technical terrain, and amazing views! The race takes you by such landmarks as the Hazard Cave and Natural Bridge at Pickett State Park and John Muir Overlook, Maude's Crack, Charit Creek Lodge, Slave Falls, Twin Arches, and Gobbler's Knob in Big South Fork.
Date: May 13, 2017
Start/Finish: Pickett State Park Rec Lodge
Start Time: 6:00am
Final Cutoff: 8:00pm (14 hour time limit for all racers)
After Party: starts as soon as first racer crosses the finish line!
A portion of the proceeds benefits Pickett State Park and Big South Fork.
WHY DARK SKY?
Pickett State Park is the first state park in the Southeast to be listed as a certified dark sky viewing location by the International Dark-Sky Association! Be sure to hang around after the Dark Sky 50 to enjoy the beautiful star-gazing! For more information: http://tnstateparks.com/parks/activities/pickett
The Dark Sky 50 presents 50 beautiful miles through Pickett State Park and Big South Fork National Park. The course is mostly runnable on single/double track with a couple of jeep road miles thrown in. Expect creek crossings, rolling hills, a little technical terrain, and amazing views!
There will be 9 aid stations along the course. Seven aid stations will be “full-service” while two will simply have water and gels for weary runners.
- In Pickett State Park: Hazard Cave and Natural Bridge
- In Big South Fork: John Muir Overlook, Maude’s Crack, Charit Creek Lodge, Twin Arches, and Gobbler’s Knob
Pickett State Park:
Pickett offers 20 cabins ranging in size and accommodations.
- Deluxe Cabins: Rates: $115-130; Park has five three-bedroom deluxe cabins which accommodate 8 people
- Economy Suites: Rates: $60-80; five one-bedroom economy suites which accommodate up to 5 people
- Rustic: Rates: $60-90; five historic CCC cabins which accommodate up to 4 people
- Standard: $85-120; two standard cabins with two bedrooms and three standard cabins with three bedrooms; sleeps 4-6 people
Charit Creek Lodge
- Located in Big South Fork, Charit Creek Lodge has 5 private cabins, 4 that accommodate up to 12 guests each and 1 small cabin for up to 3 guests.
- NOTE: Charit Creek Lodge is a double aid station on the course!
Pacers/Crew are welcome at the following aid stations:
- Divide Road: mile 13.6
- Charit Creek Lodge *this is a 1 mile hike-in
- Gobbler's Knob: mile 41.7
- Rock Creek 2: mile 44.4
Drop Bags will be available at Divide Road aid station (mile 13.6) and Gobbler's Knob (mile 41.7).